- When you are comparing apartments, ask which, if any, utilities are included.
- You’ll almost certainly be paying for electricity and gas, if applicable.
- Paying for water and wastewater, gas, trash collection and other services is common.
- You’ll pay for any cable, Internet and phone service you use, as well.
- Most utilities charge on consumption–the more you use, the more you pay.
- In some parts of the state, you may have more than one choice when it comes to your electric provider. Check out the Texas Electric Choice Education Program website for more information on electrical providers in your area at www.powertochoose.org.